We love a good pumpkin spice latte, but finding one available year-round is near impossible. Fall is around the corner, and we'll be able to enjoy these Pumpkin spice lattes once again, but what about when spring rolls around? This latte also contains baobab powder, a superfood that will make your pumpkin spice latte guilt-free. We all know that pumpkin spice lattes are very famous and delicious, but not everyone knows how to make one at home. If you have never made it before, this is the perfect chance.
If you haven’t made pumpkin spice lattes, you are missing something! So, you don’t have to look elsewhere; we'll be sharing the best pumpkin spice latte recipe which will blow your mind.
The secret to the best pumpkin spice lattes is great coffee and the pumpkin spice mix. The first thing is to have a strong cup of good coffee. There are many ways to improve the quality of your coffee, but the most important thing is to use high-quality beans. You can also try to ensure your brewing process is correct and use the right equipment. We won't be discussing how to get the best brew of coffee in this article but take a look at the video below for pro tips.
Pumpkin spice latte with Baobab Powder
- Electric Whisk or Milk Frother
- 1 cup of brewed coffee
- 2 cups of milk/plant milk or milk alternative
- 1 big tablespoon 😊 of Merin Kind Baobab Powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon additional spices - cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice (Optional)
- For the stronger pumpkin spice mix
- Whipped Cream (Optional)
Bring your coffee to brew and set it to the side.
Baobab Powder Tip:
- Baobab Powder consists of both soluble and insoluble fiber. This means some of the powder won't fully dissolve in your drink. To address this, mix baobab powder and honey in a separate mug for 1 minute to form a paste and set it to the side.
- Mix the milk, vanilla, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, and cloves and warm on the stove. Move from the stove right before the mix comes to a boil.
- Using an electric Whisk or Frother, frother the milk and pumpkin spice mix. This is what gives the latte its characteristic appeal.
- If you don't have a whisk or frother, fill a ball glass jar halfway, place a lid on it and shake it for 30 seconds. Remove the lid and place the jar in the microwave for 30 -45 seconds. The pumpkin spice and nutmeg mix should form a foam/froth-like consistency.
- Fill your mug containing the baobab powder honey mix to about 1/4 of the way full with coffee (approximately 3-4 oz)
- Next, fill the rest of the coffee mug with your frothed pumpkin spice mix and optional whipped cream. Sit back, relax and enjoy your latte.